Sarah fuses glass to create unique glass jewellery, and provides glass-fusing classes at flexible times.
Come and Learn How to Fuse Glass
Various formats available:
- Individual bespoke taster classes for your own group when you want it
- Small group taster classes on set dates - join other people
- Multiple classes for intermediate level
- In your workplace
- Combined with pottery
- Buy a gift voucher for someone else
I run glass fusing classes for up to 4 people at a time in Claines, Worcester when it suits you! Bring a friend - it is great to have fellow learners to bounce ideas off. The one-off taster lesson is suitable for people who want to learn the basic techniques of a new craft which might lead to a new hobby. It is a great gift idea for someone who enjoys trying new things (you can buy a voucher and the recipient then arranges a date to suit them)! My husband, Chris, offers pottery courses for up to 3 people with a wheel each and we can arrange a combined pottery and glass course (see below for more details on the combined course).
Here is the detail:
- 1-1 or 1-2 (1-3 etc) tuition (10+ years old (accompanied by adult)) can be arranged at a time to suit you throughout the year (most daytime or evenings Mon-Thurs and some weekend slots available).
- A 2 hour class costs £45 for an individual or £80 for 2 people booking together or £115 for 3 people booking together or £150 for 4 people booking together and will include the glass materials and inclusions, jewellery fixings and the firing of a piece of jewellery and a sun-catcher or coaster (and there may be time for extra pieces) which will be ready to collect in 1-2 weeks. (Postage can be arranged at cost if preferred.)
- The studio is equipped with a large range of coloured glass in different sizes and formats, various metal inclusions, kiln fibre and jewellery fixings, tools, a microwave kiln and an electric kiln.
- It is helpful to bring an idea of what you might like to have a go at making - Pinterest is really useful for ideas. If you have a particular project you want to try out (e.g. sun-catcher or coaster) then we will discuss how you can achieve that in the time available.
I have some set dates for classes where you can come on your own but join other like-minded people in a small group (up to 4). Early bird rate of £40 will be offered if booking before 4 weeks to the date. Future Dates for 2019: Thurs 25th July 2-4pm, Wed 7th Aug 6-8pm, Mon 16th Sept 2-4pm, more dates to follow
Multiple classes: If you've tried my taster class and want to do more, you can book more classes with me at £42 each or a block of 4 classes at a reduced rate and then arrange the date/times to suit you:
- 1 person booking 4 classes in 1 payment (dates can be booked when convenient) = 4x£40 = £160
- 2 people booking 4 classes in 1 payment (dates can be booked when convenient with the 2 people together) = 8x£35 = £280 (£140 pp)
There would be a max limit of 5 pieces (including 1 coaster/sun-catcher) per person per class for firing and jewellery fixings etc.
Classes in the workplace: I can also come to your workplace or home to run the class for a larger group (6-8 people per group) - a great way to reward staff and have some teambuilding creativity! Get in touch for more details for a bespoke class arranged to suit you. I can provide reviews from organisations who have booked me previously.
BOOK: So why not get in touch? Order a gift voucher now for a friend or, better still, book for yourself and a friend and then you can arrange a date and time to suit you both later. A lesson voucher makes a great unusual gift for a fun creative activity to do together.
Please use the Contact Form to get in touch or email email@example.com. You can pay by BACS bank transfer and I will send a lesson voucher by email to the recipient of your choice who can then arrange with me a time that would suit.
*If you need to cancel a glass class booking after paying I can give you full refund for cancellation up to 7 days before the event but if a cancellation is less than 7 days notice before the event, then I will retain half of the payment and refund you the other half.
Combined Glass and Pottery 1-day Course:
My husband, Chris, and I offer a combined 1-day class in our workshop/studio in Worcester. You can choose one of these formats:
- a bespoke day for a group of 3 to 6 people (max. 3 in each class) on a date to be arranged between us
- you can join in on 1 of our set dates for these combined courses (max. 6 people, 3 in each class). Dates for 2019: July 26th, 31st Aug, other dates tbc.
The day will include a pottery class of 2.5 hours and a glass class of 2.5 hours with a ploughman’s type buffet lunch and breaks for tea/coffee in between. Timing will be approximately 10am - 4pm including breaks but timings of the bespoke days can be tweaked to suit. NB Each day will need a minimum of 3 people in order to run.
The cost for the whole day is £130 per person including all materials and the firing of your pieces (for collection in approximately 2-3 weeks)(postage can be arrange at a cost). When booking together, prices are £240 for 2, £330 for 3 and £100 each for 4-6 people eg: £400 for 4 people.
Please make an enquiry if you are interested in knowing more. You can also buy a voucher for a 1-day course for someone else who can then arrange their own date.