Find It Do It – Worcester Privacy Notice
Worcester City Council is committed to protecting your privacy when you use our services and is registered as a data controller with the Information Commissioner’s Office Z6062884. The Privacy Notice below explains how we use information about you and how we protect your privacy.
We have a Data Protection Officer who makes sure we respect your rights and follow the law. If you have any concerns or questions about how we look after your personal information, please contact the Data Protection Officer, David Sutton, Deputy Director – Corporate Policy and Strategy, at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 01905 72230233.
Service being provided
Find It Do It website – database of clubs, societies and venues available locally to residents.
Categories of personal data we need to collect
Club, society, and venue representatives:
General Enquires (contact us):
Consequences of failing to provide personal data
If you do not provide the required personal data it may delay or prevent your requested contact details being added to the Find It Do It Worcester Website and Database.
Imaginet is a Data Processor supporting this purpose.
Purpose of Processing & Lawful Basis
Our legal basis for using your personal data is either:
• Performance of a task carried out in the public interest or that the data subject has given their consent
You may withdraw your consent at any time by contacting email@example.com.
Who we share the information with
Information provided for the purposes of a point of contact for the public to engage with clubs, societies and venues will be published on the Find It Do It website.
These details will also be shared with Imaginet as a Data Processor supporting the delivery of the Find It Do It website.
How long we hold your information
We will only keep your information for the minimum period necessary. The information outlined in this privacy notice will be kept in accordance with our retention schedule. All information will be held securely and destroyed under confidential conditions.
How do we protect your information?
We use a CMS (content management system) database to store information on this website, which has been provided by a software consulting service, Imaginet.
The website and all associated backups are both hosted in the UK. Both the City Council and Imaginet will securely process and store all personal information on the website. Procedures relating to the security of data on the Find It Do It website include:
• Encryption of all data transferred between users and the website, using industry standard protocols. Imaginet follow the industry standard guidelines set by PCI-DSS (Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard), the same standards used for e-commerce applications.
• Controlling access to systems and networks to ensure only appropriate staff have access to personal information.
• Training staff (both City Council and Imaginet) regularly on GDPR (General Data Protection Regulations) to make them aware of how to handle information and how to proceed in the event of a data breach.
• Imaginet regularly test technology and implement the latest security updates (commonly called patches).
Individual Legal Rights
Our use of your data will be subject to the following legal rights:
• Your right to be informed
• Your right to access your personal data
• Your right for us to Rectify your personal data
• Your right to object to how we use your personal data
• Your right to have your personal data erased
• Your right to restrict our processing of your personal data
Individual right to complain to the Information Commissioners Office
If you have any worries or questions about how your personal information is handled please contact our Data Protection Officer via
Phone: 01905 722233
Data Protection Officer
Worcester City Council
If you still have concerns following our response you have the right to raise the matter with the Information Commissioner’s Office:
Information Commissioner's Office,